About Me

My photo
I am a mum of two girls. I love to cook, sew and do lots of crafts. I also love to use my Thermomix called Thelma. She is a life saver in my kitchen and I can create lots of different creations.

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

The "When I lose 5kg's Dress"!!!

Ok, I was able to breath life into the camera battery for a few shots before it died again. Have to get that new camera battery soon!!!!
Anyway I almost finished my dress and called it my when I lose 5kg dress, because I know when that happens this dress will look fab. All it will need is a pair of black boots and black opaque stockings!!!! And the all essential zipper! Out of the million zips I have, there is no black 18cm ones :( and I have not been able to go and get one at the moment!




Fabric: satin $1.99 Eastcoast fabrics
Pattern: new look6949
Notions: 18 cm zip (still to get)

The fabric was quite slippery to work with. I also made a few modifications. Because it was so slippery, I just put a few darts in the sleves instead of gathering them. I also ha not done the cuff and gather on thend of the sleeve again because of the slipperiness. It also had a row of stitching to do around the neckline which if it was cotton or linen I would most likely do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment